Bohemian Chic Wall Decor: 3 Simple DIY Ideas That Inspire Crafting
If you're looking to add a touch of bohemian chic to your wall decor, why not try making your own macrame fabrics, rattan mirrors, or colorful baskets? These unique pieces will bring a sense of comfort and extravagance to your walls and interior. In this article, we'll explore three simple DIY ideas that will inspire your crafting journey. So let's get started!
Macrame Wall Hanging
Let's begin our bohemian decorative adventure with a macrame wall hanging. Not only can it be used as a beautiful wall decoration, but it can also serve other purposes in your interior, such as a dish rack, plant hanger, or shelf. Macrame adds an unusual and exotic aspect to any space. And the best part? You can make it yourself with just a few materials!
Here's how to create your own macrame wall hanging:
- First, take a piece of macrame cord and tie it to the ends of a wooden dowel.
- Cut 12 pieces of cord, each with a maximum length of 4 cm, and tie them to the dowel.
- Take the first 4 cords and tie them in a knot. Continue in the same manner with the other cords.
- You should now have 6 groups of 4 cords.
- To move on to the second row, skip the first two cords. You should now have 5 groups of 4 cords.
- Proceed to make a third row, starting from the first strand, and obtain 6 groups of cords.
The Juju Hat Adorning Every Wall
The juju hat is an iconic object of ultra-trendy bohemian wall decoration that originates from Cameroon. Originally used as a cultural symbol during ceremonies of prosperity and happiness, it has now become a popular element in our interiors. So, how can you adapt and make it yourself in your own home?
Here's what you'll need:
- Glue gun
- 5 meters of feather strips
- Round placemat
- Needle and thread
- Scissors and frame hanger
Here's how to make your own juju hat:
- Attach the frame hanger at the back of the hat.
- Sew the frame hanger about 5 cm from the edge using the needle and thread, going through the small holes.
- Glue the hat onto the support to prevent the materials from fraying.
The bohemian style for wall decoration is also expressed through dreamcatchers. These colorful pieces can be hung above your bedding for a vibrant and relaxing atmosphere. While nightmares pass through the fabric particles, the sweetest and most pleasant dreams will stay with you. Want to make your own bohemian-style dreamcatcher? Here's how:
Here's what you'll need:
- Wooden or metal hoop
- 2 balls of wool in warm colors
- 2 wooden beads
- Scissors and large needle
Here's how to create your own dreamcatcher:
- Take the hoop and start wrapping it tightly with the wool.
- Include the yarn used to make a slipknot for hanging the dreamcatcher.
- Tie the wool to the hoop and make a knot. Make loops and leave some space between them.
- Make loops in the middle of each segment after reaching the second row.
- When reaching the center, thread the yarn through the triangles along the edge of the decorated hoop.
- Thread the yarn through the hoop and cut it. Take the finished fringe and tie it at the base of the hoop.
By following these simple DIY ideas, you can create your own bohemian chic wall decorations that will add a touch of adventure and style to your home. So why not give it a try? Get ready to unleash your creativity and transform your walls into unique works of art!
Hello, I'm Olivia, a proud member of The Daily Herald team. As a passionate writer, I enjoy sharing captivating stories that bring a touch of elegance to our readers' lives. In fact, one time while working on an article about fashion trends, I stumbled upon a hidden gem boutique that ended up becoming a favorite among our loyal followers. It's moments like these that make my job truly rewarding and inspire me to keep uncovering the best lifestyle secrets for our readers.